China Denise taken over Uganda’s Entebbe airport.

China has denied reports it could take control of Uganda’s international airport should the government in Kampala default on a $200 million loan from Beijing.

The malicious allegation has no factual basis and is ill intended to distort the good relations that China enjoys with developing countries including Uganda, a spokesman for the Chinese embassy in Kampala said late Sunday.

The denial followed reports in the Daily Monitor newspaper last week that Uganda could surrender Entebbe International Airport should it default on a 2015 loan from Beijing to expand and upgrade the facility.

The report caused a stir in Uganda, with a photoshopped image of the Chinese flag flying over the airport and another with a mock banner reading Welcome to China Entebbe International Airport being shared widely on social media.

Not a single project in Africa has ever been confiscated by China because of failing to pay Chinese loans, the embassy spokesman said.

Uganda’s Civil Aviation Authority also denied the report, saying the government could not surrender a national asset in such a manner.

We have said it before and repeat it that it has not happened and it is not going to happen, it said in a statement issued late last week.

Work on the Entebbe expansion by state-owned China Communications Construction Company began in March 2016. The project is expected to be completed by the end of 2022.

Beijing has been criticised in the past for lending too much to poor countries without scrutinising their ability to repay, and its vast loans to cash-strapped African states have fuelled concerns about debt traps.

Oneworldvisionnews!!

Nigeria security agencies have cumulatively killed 13’241 citizens since 2011 according to (CDD) report on Monday.

According to report Security agencies in Nigeria have cumulatively killed 13, 241 citizens since 2011, an international human rights group, Centre for Democracy and Development, said on Monday.

The organisation said that extrajudicial killings conducted by state actors have become the primary cause of death in Nigeria.

This was contained in a report by the CDD titled, ‘Democracy Watch Reports, presented to journalists in Abuja.

While expressing concerns over the nation’s shrinking civic space, the organisation said that democracy in Nigeria had been experiencing major setbacks in the last 22 years.

The Director of CDD, Idayat Hassan, while giving an overview of the report, expressed regret that unlawful killings have become rife in the country since 1999.

According to her, many of the killings were perpetrated by security forces.

She said, These unlawful killings go largely unpunished, thanks in part to Nigeria’s Force Order 237, which allows officers to use lethal force in ways that contravene international law, and because of government corruption and a prevailing culture of impunity.

Successive governments in Nigeria have used unlawful killings to quell secessionist upheavals and terrorist activities, a practice that was exacerbated during President Muhammadu’s Buhari’s tenure such as the unlawful killing of 350 Islamic Movement of Nigeria members by the Nigerian army in 2015.

It is pertinent to state that extrajudicial killings conducted by state actors have become the primary cause of death in the country. In fact, state actors have cumulatively killed 13, 241 people since 2011.

Hassan said that over 70 per cent of the prison population was made up of detainees awaiting trial, with over 20 per cent awaiting trial for more than a year.

She said the report observed an emergent trend of security officers receiving orders from elites in Nigeria to remand detainees for longer on spurious grounds.

Compounding the effects of illegal detention is the horrible detention situation in Nigeria that further exacerbates human rights violations. Overcrowding in Nigerian prisons has increased by more than 1,000 per cent in the last decade, she stated.

Hassan added that governments have frequently invoked the pretext of preventing terrorist actions” to justify disrupting peaceful protests and social movements.

She stated that by doing so, the government had severely restricted Nigerians’ rights to assemble and demonstrate, in violation of the constitutional provisions.

Peaceful protests are regularly met with violent attacks by security personnel or even are prevented from protesting in the first place. The excessive use of force in reaction to largely peaceful protests most recently visible during the #ENDSars protests has created a frightening climate that discourages or limits the right to assemble. Undaunted, Nigerians protested on Democracy Day in June 2021 but were once again met with the deployment of security forces spraying tear gas and firing live bullets into the ait to disperse what they referred to as ‘anti-government’ protests, the CDD director said.

Oneworldvisionnews!!.. God save Nigerians..

Family of abducted persons by Nigeria Boko Haram have please with FG to come for their aid.

The family of Mr. Akanbi Memud and Mr. Tunde Kotun, suspected to have been abducted by Boko Haram insurgents during a raid on their community in Kaduna State, have appealed to the Federal Government to help secure their release.

Business Hallmark gathered that the two kidnapped men, members of the Memud family of Madamai Township in Kaura Local government of Kaduna State, were kidnapped when the terrorist group invaded the community on September 26, 2021.

During the attack, three members of the family, Madam Rabiat Memud, Abdulramon Memud and Khadijat Kotun were killed alongside many others, while Akanbi Memud and their son in-law Mr. Tunde Kotun were among those abducted.

Addressing journalists, the spokesperson for the family, Mrs. Tawakalitu Ajoke Kotun, said the news about the abduction of the two men had thrown the family and community into confusion and appealed to the police to speed up action that would aid their release.
It has been two months that they were kidnapped, and up till now, we have not received any news from the police on their whereabouts.

In the last weeks, all their loved ones, especially wife and children have been experiencing sleepless night simply because nobody can hold on to anything that suggests if any plan is being made to secure their release, she said.

Also speaking, a member of the community, Ali Yusuf, who lost a family member during the raid said the issue of kidnapping and incessant raids on helpless communities has become a sensitive issue one requires a strategic approach.

Meanwhile, Tawakalitu Ajoke Kotun and the family have appealled to anyone with useful information regarding the where abouts of the abducted men to contact the nearest police station in Kaduna State or any formation in the country.

Oneworldvisionnews!!.. God protect Nigerians from Evil…

History: Poon Lim Chinese sailor, A shipwreck survivor.

Poon lim, was a Chinese sailor who survived over 4 months on a wooden raft stranded in the ocean. A shipwreck survivor might have the misfortune of going through thirst, starvation, raging storms, desperation and the ever-menacing presence of sea predators.

In the year 1942, the sea was full of wreckage as World War II was approaching its peak. Poon lim was assigned to the merchant ship called SS Ben Lomond as a steward.

On November 23, when SS Ben Lomond tried to cross the Atlantic Ocean, it was hit by two torpedoes from a German U-boat. The ship sank and all 55 members of the crew were dragged into the depth.

Lim survived and his only hope was the life raft from SS Ben Lomond, the raft was not at all suited for a drift this long. It had some sort of tent that provided shade and covered the young sailor from the rain.

The position Poon Lim found himself in was not pleasant at all as he had to tie himself to the raft.

As his water supplies dried up, Poon Lim realized that he was in real danger. Fortunately, he didn’t panic, but developed a strong survival skills that he later helped to write books about survival at sea.

Despite the hardships of Poon Lim, he was still stranded at sea. He saw passing ships many times, but they didn’t notice him.

One day, Poon Lim noticed that the water around him changed color and he rejoiced, because he was near a land. Three fishermen finally rescued Poon Lim there, on April 5, 1943.

After two weeks in the hospital, he was ready to go back to Britain, where he was rewarded with a British Empire Medal and a golden watch from his employers as a symbolic compensation.

Oneworldvisionnews!!.. Together we can fix the world..

Meet Dr. Sylvester Ugoh, former Governor Central Bank Of Biafra.

Dr. Sylvester Ugoh, Harvard-trained economist and former Minister of Science and Technology, is among those that can be said to have seen it all in politics and economy.

With participation in the Second Republic, General Ibrahim Babangida’s transition and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), he discusses the politics of Nigeria with relative ease.

With the same candour, he talks on the Central Bank of Biafra, where he was the governor, explaining how he ran the two-man director institution for the 30 months the civil war lasted. Ugoh also dissects other issues in the land, identifying where the drift in the current democratic experiment commenced, as well as way out of the crisis.

The last time many Nigerians heard about you was during the PDP Convention of 1999. Since then, you have literally been off the scene. Why?

My wife was ill in the United States of America (U.S.), and my children, who were there, felt that I should come and stay with her because, usually, in the morning when they would have gone to work, she would be alone. It was not an easy decision for me to make. But considering her situation and how highly we regarded her, I decided to abandon everything here and move to the U.S. to stay with her and nurse her. That was how, I, more or less, disappeared from the scene in Nigeria.

Now that it is presumed that you are back, what do we expect from you?

Strictly speaking, nothing; because I am merely visiting. My wife did not survive the sickness. She eventually died in 2010 and my children insisted that I must remain in the U.S. I have been there since then. I visit Nigeria once a while. So, I am merely on a visit. I don’t intend to get involved at this time in anything happening in the country.

Oneworldvisionnews!!.. Wish you Grace aging and sound health Dr..

Nigeria police rescue no fewer than 15 kidnapped person and a soldier in Borno state.

The Borno State police command says its operatives have rescued a soldier abducted alongside 15 other travellers along the Maiduguri-Damaturu Road.

Force spokesman, ASP Sani Kamilu in a statement on Monday said the travelers were kidnapped by men of the Boko Haram/Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) sect in Borno State.

Police operatives on patrol around Auno axis rescued a soldier attached to 4 Battalion Marte and 15 others from abduction by suspected Boko Haram terrorists.

The motorists were coming from different locations into Maiduguri but on reaching Yanakiri/Kondori village along Damaturu-Maiduguri Road, they were intercepted and abducted to the bush,” Kamilu stated.

According to the police spokesman, the crack team of officers in collaboration with the police Rapid Response Squad on getting the information gave the terrorists a hot chase.

The security operatives engaged the terrorists in a gun duel which led to the successful rescue of the victims.

Kamilu further disclosed that operatives deployed superior fire powers and techniques to defeat the outlaws.

The Maiduguri- Damaturu Road, which is the only road linking Borno to other parts of the country, has witnessed a resurgence in abductions in the last month with many of the incidents going unreported.

In August, the Chief of Army Staff Lieutenant General Faruk Yahaya banned soldiers fighting in the northeast from road travels and launched a welfare flight programme for soldiers who are on leave.

Meanwhile, those traveling to nearby cities like Yobe, Bauchi, and Plateau are usually escorted by an armed convoy, military sources confirmed.

Oneworldvisionnews!!.. God protect Nigerians..

Unknown gunmen attack police officers in Ebonyi State, Nigeria.

The Ebonyi State Police command has confirmed the attack on its officers by unknown gunmen at Igbuduoke village in Effium/Ezza Clan in Ohaukwu Local Government Area.

Police spokesperson, DSP Loveth Odah in a statement made available to newsmen said the officers were attacked while returning from investigation activities in connection with three missing engineers.

Odah further noted that two officers were abducted by the hoodlums while three police officers and the member representing Ohaukwu North in the State House of Assembly, Chinedu Awo, luckily escaped the area with different degrees of injuries.

Odah said On 28/11/2021 at about 13:40hrs Police Operatives were returning from investigation activities in connection with the three missing engineers who were abducted in the same area on the 3rd of November, 2021 while on Ring Road site project.

The operatives were in the company of Hon. Chinedu Awo a member representing Ohaukwu North Constituency in the State House of Assembly who accompanied the operatives to enable him to dialogue with the warriors at Igbuduoke village in Effium/Ezza clan ‘the warring community’ in Ohaukwu Local Government Area of the State. 

They were ambushed by armed Ezza warriors numbering over 60 who attacked them from all flanks but the operatives gallantry fought back, resulting in heavy casualties on the side of the attackers. 

However, DSP Bruno Chukwu and two others sustained bullet wound injuries and are currently responding to treatment, while two police officers by name, Sergeant Donatus Osugwu and Sergeant Thaddeus Ugoeze are suspected to have been abducted by the hoodlums as they were discovered missing in action. 

Meanwhile, the Commissioner of Police Ebonyi State Command CP. Aliyu Garba led a convoy of about seven teams on reinforcement where they cordoned the forest and searched the village but could not find the missing officers nor the perpetrators. 

Efforts are in top gear to ensure the perpetrators are tracked down and arrested.

Recall that Governor David Umahi last week during an enlarged security council meeting held at the Government House frowned at the abduction of five LENA engineers in charge of the Ring Road Effium section by unknown gunmen of the area which led to him to suspend the project until the two communities of Effium and Ezza Effium swore an affidavit to protect the contractors and other workers at the project site.

He promised to work with the security agencies to rescue the contractors alive.

Oneworldvisionnews!!.. God help Nigeria..

Former Sen. Shehu Sani react over the killing of 10 people in Plateau state by terrorist.

The former senator representing Kaduna Central Senatorial District, Senator Shehu Sani has reacted to the killings that happened in the Ta’age community of Plateau state. The attack was a deadly one taking the life of 10 people, and many being displaced.

However, the outspoken former senator said that the people involved in this attack should be brought to justice. Shehu made this known via his verified Twitter handle this morning while condemning the deadly attack.

According to other online news platforms, the gruesome attack took the life ok 10 villagers ranging from 4 to 80 years old and hundreds of the villagers were displaced. The outspoken political actor, Shehu Sani expressed his condolences.

The gruesome attacks on Ta’agbe community Plateau state, central Nigeria reportedly led to the death of ten people ranging from 4 to 80year old; and hundreds displaced. The armed Herdsmen involved must be brought to justice. Enough of this barbaric bloodletting. My condolences.

Oneworldvisionnews!!.. What a tragedy, may their soul rest in Peace..

The Caribbean nation of Barbados is set to declare its sovereignty from the United Kingdom.

Freedom: The Caribbean nation of Barbados is set to declare its sovereignty from the United Kingdom.

Prince Charles of the UK was seen in the country on Sunday.

Barbados was colonized by Britain since 1627 and has been regarded as the UK’s oldest colony with Queen Elizabeth as the sovereign leader.

The country has a population of 287,025 people (2019 estimate).

Although Barbados got its independence in 1966, Queen Elizabeth remained its sovereign leader until the country’s House of Assembly and Senate on October 22, elected Sandra Mason to be its first president.

Mason currently serves as the Governor-General of the country.

Oneworldnews learnt that Prince Charles will deliver a speech on Tuesday in which he will urge the new Republic to maintain bilateral relations with UK and other former British colonies.

Charles was invited to witness the ceremony by Mia Amor Mottley the country’s Prime Minister who doubles as the Queen’s counsel.

Oneworldvisionnews!!.. Welcome development, I urge that such move should be made towards Africa, for those who desire freedom, Stay Tuned…