bomb exploded Wednesday outside the international airport in Somalia’s capital, Mogadishu, killing at least eight people.

A car bomb exploded Wednesday outside the international airport in Somalia’s capital, Mogadishu, killing at least eight people and wounding nine others, a local doctor said.

The al-Shabab extremist group claimed responsibility for the attack, saying it was targeting “white officials” passing by.

Dr. Abdulkadir Adam with the Medina hospital told The Associated Press about the death toll. Witnesses at the scene said a passing U.N. convoy appeared to be the target in the blast near a checkpoint leading to the heavily fortified airport, but the U.N. mission said there were no U.N. personnel or contractors in the convoy.

The al-Qaida-linked al-Shabab extremist group, which controls parts of Somalia, said via its Radio Andalus that a convoy of “white officials” had been the target. The extremist group often carries out bombings at high-profile locations in the capital.

Mogadishu’s deputy mayor, Ali Abdi Wardhere, told reporters at the scene that his own convoy had been driving nearby at the time but was unharmed. He said an investigation was underway and gave a toll of five soldiers killed and five civilians injured.

The international airport hosts the U.S. Embassy, among other diplomatic offices.

The blast occurred amid the latest period of political and security uncertainty in Somalia, the Horn of Africa nation where tensions are rising over an election that has been delayed for almost a year.

The African Union peacekeeping mission has been asked to contribute security outside Somalia’s presidential palace, where opposing armed factions supporting President Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed and Prime Minister Mohamed Hussein Roble have been present. The two leaders disagree over, among other issues, who should be in charge of security in the country.

The president late last month tried to limit the powers of the prime minister, who called it an attempted coup.

http://www.oneworldvisionnews.com

Terrorist abduct unspecified number of traders along Kaduna road.

Terrorist allegedly abducted unspecified numbers of traders travelling to Kano from Birnin Gwari Local Government of Kaduna State on Wednesday.

A driver who witnessed the incident told oneworld news that the gunmen blocked the highway between Birnin Gwari and Kaduna at Unguwar Yako forest where they abducted the traders.

The source said the abducted persons were among dozens of travellers going from Birnin Gwari and neighboring communities in Niger State to Kano on routine business trips.

We were travelling in a convoy with security escorts but they (bandits) abducted those who moved ahead of the convoy, which made them easy preys for the bandits.

The soldiers are tracing them, we are stranded at a dangerous spot in the forest (Unguwar Yako) while the security escorts are chasing to rescue the abducted traders, the source said.

The latest incident occurred less than a month after over 70 travellers were abducted along the Kaduna-Birnin Gwari road in Kaduna State.

That incident on December 23, 2021 happened around Udawa village after Buruku in Chikun Local Government Area of the state.

The police spokesperson in Kaduna, Mohammed Jalige, did not respond to phone calls Wednesday afternoon to comment on the incident.

Locals in the adjoining states ply the Birnin Gwari highway daily with heavy security escort but that does not deter bandits from routinely abducting travellers.

http://www.oneworldvisionnews.com

The Danish government on Wednesday (Jan 12) proposed easing coronavirus restrictions at the end of the week.

The Danish government on Wednesday (Jan 12) proposed easing coronavirus restrictions at the end of the week, including the reopening of cinemas and music venues, as hospitalisation rates decline despite record-high infection numbers.

The move is an encouraging sign even as the World Health Organization (WHO) and public health experts have warned of a tsunami of Omicron cases.

Denmark saw a surge in daily infections in mid-December, prompting new restrictions including the closure of theatres, cinemas, entertainment parks and conference centres, as well as measures to limit large crowds in stores and shops.

However, even as infection rates remain near record levels above 20,000 a day, hospital admissions and deaths have stabilised at levels below those seen a year ago.

In light of how well things are going, it’s really, really positive that the Epidemic Commission now recommends lifting some of the restrictions, not least in the cultural sphere, Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen said.

The government proposed following the advisory group’s recommendations, including the reopening of theatres, cinemas, museums and botanic gardens, as well as allowing spectators at outdoor sports events.

It proposed limiting attendance at indoor music venues to 500.

The Social Democratic government is meeting with other parties this afternoon and has scheduled a news briefing at 1700 GMT.

http://www.oneworldvisionnews.com

The Greece government have said, it will extend restrictions by a week at restaurants and bars to help curb the spread of the deadly Omicron variant.

Greece will extend restrictions by a week at restaurants and bars to help curb the Omicron variant, which has dominated the country and was the main driver of a surge in coronavirus infections in recent weeks.

The country imposed curbs on bars, restaurants and nightclubs over the Christmas holidays last month, which were due to end on Jan 17.

The restrictions, which have forced bars, nightclubs and restaurants to close at midnight, with no standing customers and no music, will be extended to Jan 24, health authorities said on Wednesday (Jan 12). A double mask will still be mandatory in supermarkets and transport.

Authorities have said that Omicron variant, which is highly contagious, is dominant in the community, after it was first detected in early December.

Greece reported 32,694 new infections and 80 related deaths on Tuesday, bringing the total number of infections since the pandemic began to 1,568,215 and the death toll to 21,559.

It registered a record of 50,126 coronavirus infections in a day on Jan 4.

Oneworldvisionnews

Justice Inyang Eden Ekwo of the Federal High Court in Abuja on Wednesday imposed a fine of N5 million against the Nigeria Police Force.

It was gathered that, Justice Inyang Eden Ekwo of the Federal High Court in Abuja on Wednesday imposed a fine of N5 million against the Nigeria Police Force over the reckless use of statutory power against a Nigerian citizen.

The amount is to be paid to an Abuja based investor, Hyacinth Soonen Abera, whose bank account with Zenith Bank was frozen for several months by police while acting as a debt collector without an order of the court.

Justice Ekwo, apart from ordering the police to pay the fine of N5 million as compensation and exemplary damages to the victim of the reckless use of statutory power, also ordered Zenith Bank to immediately unfreeze the account with number 1006911956.

In a judgment in a fundamental rights enforcement suit instituted against four defendants, the judge held that the police acted ultra vires by acting as a debt collector in a purely commercial transaction between two parties.

The four defendants are Oludele Aderibigbe, DSP Yomi Musa, Inspector General of Police IGP and the Nigeria Police Force NPF as 1st to 4th defendants respectively.

The judge held that it was wrong of the police to have subjected the plaintiff to a series of threats of arrest and detention in a simple pure commercial transaction and placing restriction orders on his bank account without any recourse to the rule of law.

The plaintiff had sued the defendants claiming that his fundamental rights to freedom of liberty and human dignity were violated and breached by police with persistent threats of arrest and detention on the instigation of the first defendant and the subsequent freezing order placed on his Zenith Bank account.

He claimed, among others, that the first defendant entered into an agreement with his company, Hysolat Limited to build a four-bedroom house for him in the Durumi area of Abuja at a cost of N30 million to be paid in instalments within 11 months.

He claimed that at the end of the 11 months when N30 million ought to have been fully paid, only a paltry sum of N5 million was paid prompting the termination of the contract.

He further claimed that rather than looking for remedy, the 1st defendant resorted to the use of police against him and that without hearing from him, the police caused Zenith Bank to freeze his bank account without any order of court.

The plaintiff averred that he and his family were subjected to untold hardships especially hunger due to unlawful freezing of his account and demanded N50 million compensation in addition to order of court to unfreeze the account.

Justice Ekwo in the judgment agreed that police acted outside the 1999 Constitution and Police Act in turning itself into a debt collector in a commercial transaction and in carrying out bank account freezing without court order.

The judge subsequently ordered the police to pay the plaintiff N5 million and Zenith Bank immediately unfreeze the account.

A purported order of an Abuja Magistrate Court to police to investigate the plaintiff was voided and set aside on the ground that the magistrate court has no jurisdiction in the matter since it was not a landlord and tenant issue.

http://www.oneworldvisionnews.com

Unknown gunmen allegedly abduct mother a Lawmaker in Kano state.

According to a report, it was learnt that terrorist on Wednesday abducted the mother of Isyaku Ali-Danja, a member representing Gezawa Constituency in the Kano House of Assembly.

Oneqorld news chanel gathered that the gunmen stormed the residence of the lawmaker’s mother in Gezawa town around 1am, broke the door, and abducted her.

Narrating the incident, Mr Ali-Danja, who was once a speaker in the House, said the gunmen first asked his mother to open the door but she refused.

http://www.oneworldvisionnews.com

Police arrest a 21 yrs old man for murder in Kano state.

According to a report by police public relation officer kano state command, DSP Haruna kiyawa announced the arrest of one Auwalu Abdulrashid, alias Lauje.

It was gathered that the 21 years old man based at Dan marke village, Dambatta local goverment area of Kano State.

His Arrest was followed after a complained that was received from a resident of Tofa Town that his 13 year daughter, Zuwaira, was kidnapped and a ransom of One Million Naira (N1,000,000.00) was demanded and later settled at Four Hundred Thousand Naira (N400,000.00).

While negotiating for the ransom, the body of the victim was discovered in an uncompleted building, slaughtered and buried in a shallow grave.

The suspect has confessed that, he singlehandedly kidnapped the victim, deceived and took her to an uncompleted building located at Tofa Town, Tofa LGA, Kano State, strangled her with her Hijab used knife to slaughtered her throat and buried her in a shallow grave, and then demanded a ransom of One Million Naira (N1,000,000.00) and later settled at Four Hundred Thousand Naira (N400,000.00).

The suspect further confessed the kidnapped of her younger brother, one Muttaka who is 3 years old, He requested for a ransom of Two Million Naira (N2,000,000.00), later settled and collected One Hundred Thousand Naira (100,000.00) and abandoned the child at Dawanau Special Primary School, Dawakin Tofa LGA, Kano State.

http://www.oneworldvinewsnews.com

Hair Barber allegedly stabbed neighbor to death for admiring his wife.

According to report, the Sabo division of the Lagos State Police Command are on the trail of a barber identified simply as Keke, who allegedly stabbed his neighbor to death, Monday night, in Iwaya area of Lagos, on the allegation that the deceased was making advances at his pregnant wife.

The Barber who resides at 3 Akintola street, Iwaya, returned home from his shop about 10.30 pm, only to be informed by a neighbor with an undisclosed identity that another neighbor, Daniel Adeitan, was admiring his pregnant wife.

On sighting Keke with the knife, the accused, 22-year-old Adeitan , who was eating in front of his room, hurriedly ran inside. But before he could lock the door, the barber had gained access.

He allegedly stabbed Adeitan in the chest and abandoned him in the pool of his blood.

“ She raised the alarm that alerted other tenants. By the time we rushed there, Adeitan could not talk. He had the looks of someone begging for help. He only stretched his hand to us, apparently begging to be taken to the hospital”.

On realizing the magnitude of his deed, Keke fled with his pregnant wife.

Other tenants also took to their heels for fear of being arrested by the Police. They were yet to return at about 6.30pm yesterday.

Spokesman for the Lagos State Police Command, CSP Ade Ajisebutu who confirmed the incident , said, “ As soon as the incident was reported, police detectives attached to Sabo Division immediately visited the scene. The victim was taken to Harvey Road Hospital Yaba for medical attention but died while being attended to.

“The body has been deposited at the Yaba Mainland Hospital’s morgue for autopsy. Meanwhile, the Commissioner of Police, Hakeem Odumosu, has directed that the case should be transferred to the Homicide Section of the State CID for diligent investigation. He has also directed that all efforts should be made to arrest the fleeing suspect and bring him to justice. 

Therefore, the CP enjoins anyone with useful information that could lead to the arrest of the fleeing suspect to give it to the police for prompt and necessary actions.

http://www.oneworldvisionnews.com

ISWAP, on Monday evening attacked the Nigerian Army University campus for Security and Strategic Studies in Buratai town, Biu Local Government Area of Borno State.

According to oneworld news channel, it was reported that the Islamic State for West African Province, ISWAP, on Monday evening attacked the Nigerian Army University campus for Security and Strategic Studies in Buratai town, Biu Local Government Area of Borno State.

One world news learnt that two employees of the university were shot dead by the terrorist.

Speaking with residents and staff members of the university on Wednesday, it was leant that the insurgents overran the soldiers guarding the campus, who after exhausting their bullets reportedly took to their heels.

It is very unfortunate. We lost two of our staff. The soldiers ran away after they have tried to stop them. Despite what looks like a good security presence we are shocked that these elements can still have the guts of taking the soldiers heads on.

We are shocked, worried and pained by this development. Nothing seemed to be right now for me before I saw this with my eyes and narrowly escaped.

We have been hearing of it. And the Army and government have told us time and time that these bad elements have been degraded.

For me, this is an insult to Nigerians. From what I saw nothing has been done to explain how degraded these Insurgents have been as alleged.

I cannot speak of others outside the Campus but I know we lost two staff here and this is enough to cry out loud, a staffer who did not want his name mentioned told our news corresponder

The two victims of the attack were buried yesterday. The insurgents also burnt cars and offices.

A relation of one of the victims, Mohammed Usman, said he would have been a victim but could not explain how he escaped the attack.

We were going to meet him (my late cousin) when suddenly we came right in the crossfire at the entrance of the campus. I don’t know how I escape. I saw myself running into one of the residences in town how it happened I cannot say.

It was yesterday morning after the insurgents have left that we went back and we discover this cousin of ours was killed during the attack,” he said.

A resident of Buratai town, Known as Mr. Galadima Gaji said that the bandit attattack was so terrible.

According to him, they attacked everything on their way and rode back into the forest.

It is true that the Boko Haram attacked Buratai town. They were specific on the military institution but still they touch on some parts of the town. They killed three people that I know in town aside from the two university staff, who were buried yesterday, Gaji said.

http://www.oneworldvisionnews.com