1. Presidential, NASS elections to hold February 25, 2023 as late signing of Electoral Act forces INEC to shift polls
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has revealed the timeline for the 2023 general elections.
2. 2023: I’m sure of getting PDP ticket, Atiku boasts after meeting with Obasanjo
Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has boasted that he is certain he would get the presidential ticket of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) ahead the 2023 election.
3. Obaseki’s aide dumps PDP for APC in Edo
A former Special Adviser to the Edo State Governor, Mr Ikponmwosa Omorodion, has dumped the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the All Progressives Congress (APC).
4. PDP reveals plans to challenge impeachment of Zamfara Dep Gov in court
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has revealed plans to challenge the impeachment of the Deputy Governor of Zamfara State, Mahdi Aliyu by the State House of Assembly.
5. Kanu’s heart failing, may die in detention, lawyer cries out in petition to Red Cross
Special counsel to detained leader of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) Nnamdi Kanu, Aloy Ejimakor, has cried out over the health condition of the Biafran agitator, claiming his heart is rapidly failing which could lead to his untimely death if he is denied urgent medical attention.
6. See the four Nigerian billionaires buying Shell, ExxonMobil, other foreign oil firms in Nigeria
Nigerian-owned oil companies have been the beneficiary of the wave of divestment by foreign players in the country’s oil market, buying up the assets to expand their operation.
7. NDLEA arrests drug kingpin, eight others in Lagos
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has arrested a drug kingpin and eight other suspects in Lagos.
8. Many feared dead as suspected cultists attack mourners at Anambra funeral
Several people were feared dead in a violent attack by suspected cultists at a funeral ceremony in Ebenebe community, Awka North Local Government Area of Anambra on Saturday.
9. Chelsea’s Russian owner Abramovich hands over ‘stewardship’ of club to trustees
Roman Abramovich has on Saturday handed over the ‘stewardship and care’ of Chelsea Footall Club of England to the trustees of the club’s foundation.
10. EPL: Man Utd drop more points in top-four quest; Spurs win at Leeds
Manchester United were held to a goalless draw by Watford in a Premier League encounter at Old Trafford on Saturday.