Northern Elders forum spokesperson reply twitter user who said that he has been given a lip service from Peter Obi.

Northern Elders Forum Spokesman, Dr. Hakeem Baba Ahmed On Monday released a statement via his twitter handle, where he replied a twitter user, who said that he has been given a lip service from Peter Obi, the Presidential candidate of the Labour Party and former Governor of Anambra state.

The twitter user made this statement in reaction to the tweet released by Dr. Hakeem Baba Ahmed on the 24th of June, where he said that he spent a valuable time with Peter Obi, and he wishes that those who see him as an ethnic candidate can get to know him better.

However, replying to the tweet by Dr. Hakeem Baba, the twitter user said, Because he offered you some lips service abi?.

Replying the twitter user, Dr. Hakeem Baba Ahmed said, I did not know you were there. You know so much of what we discussed. And you know me. I am a sucker for lip service. And you know obi with Lip service.

I wish you made your presence known. You would have taught me some lessons on avoiding Lip Service. I’ll invite you next time.

Homepage News..

No fewer than 100 Russian forces killed in Kharkiv districts.

Ukraine’s armed forces have repulsed nine Russian incursions in the eastern Donetsk area and advanced on their adversaries’ positions near Karamtorsk, according to their general staff.

He stated that they repelled assault attempts in the communities of Bilohorivka, Hryhorivka, Pokrovske, Bakhmutske, Lozove, Spartak, Soledar, Zaitseve, and Semihiria.

They enjoyed tactical success in the Kramatorsk direction, knocking the enemy out of the places he had previously occupied.

As a consequence of Ukraine’s effective fire strike on Kharkiv District’s Kupiansk, Russian occupiers lost over 100 men killed and injured, and two combat vehicles were destroyed. It was carried out in Kherson’s southern region.

It went on to say that it had demolished all Dnipro river crossings in the Kherson area.

It is reported that flames continue to burn in various locations, which the occupants have been unable to extinguish for an extended period of time particularly at the State Treasury Service administration building.

From 07:00, the occupants enforced a strict curfew on the city. Military helicopters are moving above the city.

The special operation did not result in any civilian injuries.

Homepage News..

China, has stressed the need for the rule of law to tackle issues about substandard products in Africa.

Wu Peng, director-general of the Department of African Affairs of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China, has stressed the need for the rule of law to tackle issues about substandard products in Africa. Mr Wu also blamed African businesspeople for certain imported substandard and smuggled products.

Mr Wu stated this at an interactive session with African journalists under the auspices of the China Africa Press Centre (CAPC) Programme 2022, which began in June in Beijing.

If some Chinese in Africa violate the rule of law, they must face the consequences, no doubt about it. Our Chinese government always advocates that our nationals must respect African people, respect their culture and follow the rule of law of the local country,” Mr Wu explained.

He added, “We also encourage all our Chinese nationals and companies living and working in Africa to contribute through social responsibility to their local community.

Certainly, there are always some bad apples who do bad things. I condemn this kind of behaviour, but isolated cases do not represent all Chinese, just like we will count African people in China.

The Chinese official stressed that we cannot just consider some crime that happened in China by an African to represent Africans; the same thing applies if Chinese nationals violate the rule of law, we condemn it.

I think this is a commercial issue. We noticed many African businessmen go into China for procurement and do lots of shopping for stuffs and then bring them back to Africa, Mr Wu added.

Such people even do such through the use of e-commerce to buy some stuffs back to Africa; whether these kinds of stuffs are made in China, the quality is good or not, it must reach the national standard.

He pointed out that China has “an inspection procedure of goods exported to China.

The Chinese official added, “Of course, I cannot deny this because sometimes the price is different. Some quality of products cannot reach the expectations of African consumers. I think China and Africa need to work together to change the situation.”

Mr Wu reiterated that the Chinese authorities “do not like it at all. Let us work together to fight against counterfeit or smuggling and such bad things.

“We do not like it at all. We should uphold the rule of law to fight against it, He stated.

Homepage News..

Game maker CD projekt announce expansion of flagship game Cyberpunk.

Poland’s biggest video game maker CD Projekt brought in Hollywood star Keanu Reeves as it announced the title of its first expansion to a flagship game Cyberpunk 2077 on Tuesday.

The expansion titled “Phantom Liberty” is set to premiere next year on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PC and Stadia, the company said during a stream on videogame live-streaming platform Twitch.

Reeves, who plays a rebel rockerboy Johnny Silverhand in the game, appeared during the stream and will be returning in the expansion, along with new characters, CD Projekt said.

CD Projekt releases major high-budget games every four to five years and in between those titles it often publishes expansions to the games. The company did not mention a specific release date.

The company also said it had launched patch 1.6 to Cyberpunk, which will be the last major update available for older generation consoles.

Delayed three times, Cyberpunk, was one of the most anticipated games in 2020, but after a bug-ridden premiere it was kept off of Sony’s PlayStation Store for six months.

In April, the company said it sold over 18 million copies of the game.

Homepage News..

UN call new Sri Lanka Government to reverse it drift towards militarisation.

Sri Lanka must immediately reverse its drift towards militarisation and prosecute those responsible for leading the country to its unprecedented economic crisis, the United Nations said on Tuesday (Sep 6).

The South Asian island nation has suffered acute food and fuel shortages, lengthy blackouts and spiralling inflation this year after running out of foreign currency to import essentials.

The crisis sparked months of protests against the government over economic mismanagement, culminating in a huge crowd storming the residence of the then-president Gotabaya Rajapaksa and chasing him from the country.

His successor Ranil Wickremesinghe has since taken a hard line against demonstrations, violently demolishing a protest camp in downtown Colombo and arresting leading activists.

The new government should immediately reverse the drift towards militarisation, end the reliance on draconian security laws and crackdowns on peaceful protest, the UN Human Rights Office said in its latest report on the country.

Sri Lanka defaulted on its US$51 billion foreign debt in April and is in final negotiations for an International Monetary Fund bailout.

Rajapaksa’s government was accused of introducing unsustainable tax cuts that drove up government debt and exacerbated economic problems just as the country was struggling with the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The 73-year-old issued his resignation from abroad after fleeing the country in July, but he flew back to Colombo on the weekend and was garlanded with flowers by political allies on his return.

He is now living in a new official residence with a security detail, both provided by Wickremesinghe’s government, to the dismay of protest leaders who campaigned for him to face legal action.

Former UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Michelle Bachelet, whose term ended last month, said in Tuesday’s report that those responsible for bankrupting the country should be brought to justice.

The High Commissioner hopes that the new administration will respond to the popular demand for accountability for economic crimes, including corruption, and abuse of power with a renewed commitment to end impunity, she said.

The report also repeated longstanding calls by the rights office for the prosecution of those responsible for atrocities during the island’s decades-long civil war, which ended in May 2009.

Sri Lanka has resisted calls to investigate allegations that its troops killed at least 40,000 Tamil civilians in the final months of the conflict.

The report said Sri Lanka still lacked a credible domestic mechanism to investigate war crimes.

But it noted that civil litigation was underway abroad against alleged perpetrators, while the United States had sanctioned at least three senior Sri Lankan officials implicated in war crimes.

Google launch Pixel 7, it’s first smartwatch.

Alphabet Inc’s Google will on Oct. 6 launch the Pixel 7 and its first smartwatch as the company prepares to take on a new line of rival products from Apple Inc expected on Wednesday.

Google’s new devices would be available for purchase from the launch day onwards at GoogleStore.com and at its physical stores in the New York City area, the company said in a blog post on Tuesday. 

The Pixel 7 phones will run on Android 13 and feature the latest iteration of Google’s custom mobile chip called Tensor.

The launch event will take place at 10 am ET (2 pm GMT) in the Williamsburg neighborhood of New York.

Google had offered a sneak peek of the Pixel 7 smartphones and the Pixel Watch during its I/O event in May.

Homepage News..

Drake, Future, LeBron James mentioned in a Lawsuit’s.

The former head of the NBA Players Association is suing LeBron James, rappers Drake and Future, and others for $10 million, contending they stole the rights to a film about a Canadian segregated hockey league, the New York Post reported.

In a complaint filed in New York Supreme Court in Manhattan, Billy Hunter contends he owned the legal rights to make any movie about the Colored Hockey League of the early 1900s.

Hunter says in the lawsuit that he paid authors George and Darril Fosty, who also were named as defendants, $265,000 for the movie rights to their book, “Black Ice: The Lost History of the Colored Hockey League of the Maritimes, 1895 to 1925. Hunter claims James, Drake, Future and their entertainment companies made another deal with the authors to produce a documentary based on the book.

The film, Black Ice, is part of the lineup of the Toronto International Film Festival on Saturday. Hunter also is seeking a portion of the film’s income.

While the defendants LeBron James, Drake and Maverick Carter (James’ business partner) are internationally known and renowned in their respective fields of basketball and music, it does not afford them the right to steal another’s intellectual property,” the lawsuit reads.

Hunter said James, the Los Angeles Lakers star, and the others didn’t think Hunter would challenge them. James’ production company entered into a subsequent agreement with the authors, offering them $100,000 plus 3 per cent of the movie budget, per the Post report.

James’ company then brought in the production company owned by Drake and Future as a partner.

I don’t think they believed the property rights would be litigated. They thought I would go away. They gambled, Hunter said.

Hunter, now 79, served as executive director of the NBA players union from 1996 to 2013.

Homepage News..

Dreaming about winning again is not adding pressure, says Xavi Hernandez.

Barcelona manager Xavi Hernandez is confident his side will be among the clubs who will challenge for the Champions League title this season after the Spanish giants were knocked out of the competition in the group stage last term.

We will compete and dream big. Otherwise, I would have stayed at home, Xavi told a news conference on the eve of Wednesday’s opening Group C game against Viktoria Plzen.

Why can’t we win this competition? Barca is about winning. I like to win, I can’t conceive competing without winning.

Being favorites is something else. You have to be humble. Every match is going to be a war. We haven’t won a Champions League title here since 2015.

New signing Robert Lewandowski has delighted Barca fans in their three consecutive LaLiga wins, scoring five goals, including two consecutive doubles.

The arrival of the twice FIFA Best Player of the Year from Bayern Munich has upped the expectation levels at the Camp Nou after Barca endured a frustrating 2021-22 season following the departure of club great Lionel Messi to Paris St Germain.

With new signing Raphinha playing well on the right wing, a resurgent Ousmane Dembele finally showing his potential and Ansu Fati getting back to form, morale could not be higher.

I see every day how the fans are. The jerseys have sold out, people stop us and cheer us on the street. We have to keep going, it’s a positive feeling, Xavi said.

We welcome the pressure here, there is pressure every day when you are at Barcelona.

We have won five Champions League titles under pressure. Dreaming about winning again is not adding pressure.

Xavi is aware that the first group game at home against the group’s weakest team in Viktoria Plzen could be tricky, with matches against Bayern and Inter Milan to come.

I know that people see us as the favourites, but they (Plzen) are a very physical, very hard working team. It’s a trap game, he said.

For now we need to be focused on our goal which is advancing to the knockout stage. We have to reach at least the last 16 in such a difficult competition and a very complicated group.

The objectives, however, are winning titles, but for tomorrow we have to win in our debut.

Homepage News..

India approves its first nasal vaccine for COVID-19.

India approved a locally developed, needle-free and nasally administered COVID-19 vaccine for emergency use on Tuesday (Sep 6), in a boost to the country’s homegrown pharmaceutical industry.

The new inoculation was developed by Bharat Biotech, the makers of another intravenous vaccine that was greenlit by the World Health Organization last November.

India’s drug regulator gave the new product emergency authorisation on Tuesday, which will allow it to be used as a primary dose by any unvaccinated or partially vaccinated person aged 18 and above, but not as a booster.

This step will further strengthen our collective fight against the pandemic,” health minister Mansukh Mandaviya said on Twitter.

Bharat Biotech conducted third-phase trials in 14 sites around India and found that its safety was “highly comparable” to other vaccines, the company said in a statement.

Development data would be submitted to peer-reviewed journals and released publicly, the statement added.

Despite the lack of demand for COVID-19 vaccines, we continued product development in intra-nasal vaccines to ensure that we are well prepared with platform technologies for future infectious diseases, Bharat Biotech chair Krishna Ella said.

It remains unclear when the product will be available for public use, with the company saying it would be rolled out in due course.

The announcement comes two days after China launched the world’s first inhalable COVID-19 vaccine, Convidecia Air, which is administered through a nebuliser.

India was hit by a devastating spike in COVID-19 cases last year that brought its health care system close to collapse, with oxygen supplies running out and patients struggling to source medicine from depleted pharmacies.

More than 200,000 people died within a few weeks, according to official figures, though experts believe the real toll is several times higher.

India has since administered more than 2 billion vaccine doses, fully inoculating more than two-thirds of its 1.4 billion population.

Homepage News..