Ambassador Sergey Nechaev said in an interview with Izvestia newspaper that Germany has crossed the red line.

Germany has crossed a red line with Russia by sending arms to Ukraine, Moscow’s ambassador in Berlin said on Monday.

The decision undermined decades of reconciliation since the end of World War II and the Nazi invasion of the Soviet Union, the diplomat added.

The very fact that the Ukrainian regime is being supplied with German-made lethal weapons, which are used not only against Russian military service members, but also the civilian population of Donbass, crosses the red line, Ambassador Sergey Nechaev said in an interview with Izvestia newspaper.

He added that Berlin should have known better, “considering the moral and historic responsibility that Germany has before our people for the Nazi crimes.

They have crossed the Rubicon, Nechaev stated, using an idiom for passing the point of no return.

Berlin discarded its longstanding policy of not sending weapons into zones of armed conflict to join the US and other NATO allies in providing weapons to Ukraine. The German government says it has a moral responsibility to back Kiev so it can defend itself against Russia.

Germany also joined an effort by the EU to decouple the economies of member states from Russia’s. German businesses have been relying on cheap Russian natural gas for five decades, since before the Soviet Union collapsed.

The German government has unilaterally acted to destroy bilateral relations [with Russia] that were unique in scale and depth and had been built over decades, the Russian ambassador noted. 

In essence, the post-war reconciliation of our nations and peoples is being eroded, Nechaev said.

According to the diplomat, economic restrictions imposed on Russia over the Ukraine conflict have resulted in sharp increase in utility bills, a surge in consumer prices, and a decrease in real incomes in Germany.

Nechaev said the sanctions war against Moscow is being increasingly seen as shooting yourself in the foot in Germany, which has already faced protests over the cost-of-living crisis.

The ambassador noted that Russia took no pleasure in seeing the damage, even if Berlin has itself to blame for it.

We believe the ongoing processes to be Germany’s domestic issue, in which we do not get involved, he said. And we certainly are not in the habit of delivering pompous lectures, the likes of which the West constantly makes about Russians.

Russia sent troops into Ukraine on February 24, citing Kiev’s failure to implement the Minsk agreements, designed to give the regions of Donetsk and Lugansk special status within the Ukrainian state.

The protocols, brokered by Germany and France, were first signed in 2014. Former Ukrainian president Pyotr Poroshenko has since admitted that Kiev’s main goal was to use the ceasefire to buy time and create powerful armed forces.

In February 2022, the Kremlin recognized the Donbass republics as independent states and demanded that Ukraine officially declare itself a neutral country that will never join any Western military bloc. Kiev insists the Russian offensive was completely unprovoked.

Homepage News..

Ukrainian military claim it has bombarded the Zaporozhye nuclear power station 26 times.

Homepage learnt that Over 4,000 pro-Kyiv forces were killed in southern and eastern Ukraine over a five-day period, according to a statement issued by the Russian Defense Ministry on Sunday.

According to Russia Today, the number of Ukrainian military deaths during Kyiv’s five-day counteroffensive surpassed 12,000, according to Russia’s Defense Ministry.

At a daily briefing on Sunday, more than 4,000 Ukrainian servicemen were killed and another 8,000 were injured in the country’s south and east, according to ministry spokesperson Lieutenant General Igor Konashenkov.

According to the source, Russian forces used precise attacks with missiles and artillery on pro-Kyiv elements in the Kharkov region, where Russian soldiers had previously retreated as part of a redeployment.

Over the last two days, Russia’s military claimed to have damaged many command posts and shot down a helicopter.

The Ukrainian military, according to the Defense Ministry, has bombarded the Zaporozhye nuclear power station 26 times since September 1.

Russian soldiers captured the Russian-controlled plant in Ukraine’s southern Zaporozhye region in early March, shortly after Moscow commenced its military assault. The plant’s final operational reactor was turned down on Sunday.

Homepage News..

China to carve out new ways to boost it’s economy.

Pandemic: China will continue to roll out phased policies to stabilise its economy with a focus on reviving consumption and boosting investment, and implement these policies as soon as possible, state media cited Premier Li Keqiang as saying on Monday.

China will implement a variety of measures to stabilise growth, employment and prices, Premier Li said.

China will promote the recovery of consumption as the main pulling force and make greater efforts to boost effective investment, Premier Li was quoted by state radio.

The world’s second-largest economy narrowly avoided contracting in the second quarter amid widespread COVID-19 lockdowns and weakness in the property market which have dented consumption and factory activity.

Li also said China would accelerate building key projects and increase policy bank financing based on the needs of local economies.

Recent data showed China’s economy lost further momentum in August, with factory activity extending declines and export growth slowing as demand wanes amid strict COVID restrictions.

China’s cabinet last week announced more steps to spur investment, extending a raft of measures to bolster an economy ravaged by COVID-19.

Homepage News..

Google bankruptcy application approved by Moscow Court.

A Moscow court on Monday accepted a bankruptcy application by Google’s Russian subsidiary and started initial bankruptcy proceedings, placing the company under supervision, Russian news agencies reported.

Alphabet Inc.’s Russian unit filed for bankruptcy this summer after authorities seized its bank account, making it impossible to pay staff and vendors.

Free services, including search and YouTube, have continued operating.

Homepage News..

UN urge Sri Lanka to improve human rights.

Sri Lanka should improve human rights and strengthen institutions to tackle the humanitarian challenges that have sprung from its worst financial crisis in seven decades, a top UN Human Rights official said on Monday (Sep 12).

UN member states and international financial institutions should support Sri Lanka as it tries to assist millions struggling with food, fuel, power and medicine shortages, said Nada Al-Nashif, UN Acting High Commissioner for Human Rights.

I encourage the new government to embark on a national dialogue to advance human rights and reconciliation and to carry out the deeper institutional, democratic and security sector reforms needed to restore the independence of key institutions, to combat impunity, to prevent the recurrence of human rights violations and to tackle the economic crisis, Al-Nashif told the 51st Session of the Human Rights Council in Geneva.

She also urged Sri Lanka’s new government led by President Ranil Wickremesinghe to end the use of security laws to arrest protest leaders who helped oust former president Gotabaya Rajapaksa in July.

Sri Lankan Foreign Minister Ali Sabry told the same meeting the government was committed to working with the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) on improving human rights, but would object to any international judicial intervention that it sees as anti-constitutional.

Al-Nashif said Sri Lanka must make more progress towards establishing a credible investigation into alleged war crimes during the civil war that ended in 2009 and promote demilitarisation of the island’s north and eastern regions.

The United Nations and rights groups have accused the Sri Lankan military of killing thousands of civilians, mostly ethnic Tamils, during the final weeks of the war and have pressed for justice for the families of those who disappeared.

In 2021, OHCHR launched a new accountability project that could one day be used as part of a potential international judicial process.

On the latest protests following the economic crisis, Sabry said the government planned a truth-seeking mechanism to promote reconciliation, and referred to work on constitutional reform to promote anti-corruption measures and trim presidential powers.

Homepage News..

Premier matches will return as scheduled from Tuesday, EPL.

The English Football League, which manages the three divisions below the Premier League, said on Monday (Sep 12) that matches will return as scheduled from Tuesday after the last round of games were postponed following the death of Queen Elizabeth.

The top flight Premier League and EFL announced last week that the games had been postponed after the queen, Britain’s longest-reigning monarch, died peacefully at her home in Scotland on Sep 8 aged 96.

Matches in the Women’s Super League and across the lower tiers of the football pyramid and grassroots football were also postponed.

The EFL said on Monday that tributes will be paid to the queen at grounds across England.

A minute’s silence will be held before matches, with black armbands to be worn by participants, flags to be flown at half-mast and the National Anthem to be played in stadiums, it said in a statement.

With a national policing plan now in operation, the League and clubs will continue to work with forces in respect of any challenges that may emerge regarding policing of specific fixtures.

Homepage News..

Iran ready to cooperate with UN nuclear law, but threaten Israel with drones.

Following sanctions and conflicts, Iran said on Monday (Sep 12) it was ready to continue cooperating with UN nuclear watchdog while revealing a drone capable of hitting major cities in Israel, which has threatened to attack Iranian nuclear sites if diplomacy fails to save a 2015 nuclear pact.

Speaking after European powers expressed frustration with Tehran’s intentions to salvage the agreement, Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Nasser Kanaani urged the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) not to yield to Israel’s pressure over Tehran’s nuclear activities.

The IAEA’s Board of Governors meets on Monday, three months after adopting a resolution urging Iran to give credible answers to the agency’s investigations into uranium traces at three sites in Iran. Iran says the probes are politically motivated.

On Saturday, France, Britain and Germany said they had serious doubts about Iran’s intentions to revive a deal curbing its nuclear programme in return for a lifting of sanctions, comments that were rejected by Tehran and called very untimely by Moscow.

Iran announces its constructive cooperation with the agency as its obligation While Iran has obligations, it also has rights, Kanaani told a televised news conference.

Naturally Iran expects constructive actions from IAEA and the members of its governing board.

After 16 months of indirect talks between Tehran and Washington, European Union foreign policy chief Josep Borrell said on Aug 8 the bloc had laid down a final offer to overcome an impasse for the revival of the agreement.

Earlier this month, Iran sent its latest response to the EU’s proposed text. Western diplomats said it was a step backwards, with Tehran seeking to link a revival of the deal with the closure of IAEA investigations into the uranium traces.

Kanaani called Saturday’s European statement unconstructive.

Both the US and Europe should prove that they do not prioritise the interests of the Zionist regime (Israel) when taking political decisions, he said.

Widely believed to have the Middle East’s only nuclear arms but which sees Iran as a existential threat, Israel says it will attack Iranian nuclear sites if diplomacy fails to contain Tehran’s nuclear ambitions. Iran has vowed a crushing response to any Israeli aggression.

Iran’s ground forces chief Brigadier General Kiomars Heidari said on Monday that Tehran has developed an advanced long-range suicide drone designed to hit Israel’s Tel Aviv, Haifa, the semi-official Mehr news agency reported.

Earlier this month, Iran sent its latest response to the EU’s proposed text. Western diplomats said it was a step backwards, with Tehran seeking to link a revival of the deal with the closure of IAEA investigations into the uranium traces.

Kanaani called Saturday’s European statement unconstructive.

Both the US and Europe should prove that they do not prioritise the interests of the Zionist regime (Israel) when taking political decisions, he said.

Widely believed to have the Middle East’s only nuclear arms but which sees Iran as a existential threat, Israel says it will attack Iranian nuclear sites if diplomacy fails to contain Tehran’s nuclear ambitions.

Iran has vowed a crushing response to any Israeli aggression.

Iran’s ground forces chief Brigadier General Kiomars Heidari said on Monday that Tehran has developed an advanced long-range suicide drone designed to hit Israel’s Tel Aviv, Haifa, the semi-official Mehr news agency reported.

The director of Israel’s Mossad spy service, David Barnea, warned Iran’s clerical rulers against resorting to force against Israel or Israelis.

The top Iranian echelon must be aware that resorting to force against Israel or Israelis, directly from Iran or via proxies, will meet a painful response against those responsible on Iranian soil, Barnea said in a speech at Reichman University near Tel Aviv on Monday.

This will happen in Tehran, in Kermanshah, in Isfahan, he added, referring to areas of Iran where authorities have reported sabotage operations against facilities or personnel linked to the country’s military or nuclear programmes.

Homepage News..

Astonishing interview with former US president, Trump, he said Ukraine invasion, world war 3.

Former U.S. President Donald Trump said Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine could ultimately be a World War 3.

What Happened: Ultimately, Russia-Ukraine could be a World War 3, Trump said in an interview with India’s NDTV, as he added that the Kremlin would have never invaded Ukraine if he was the President.

President Putin would have never gotten in if I was President. Never. Not even a chance, he said.

While replying to a question about what he would have done differently for Ukraine amid its war with Russia, the former President said, Absolutely nothing, because it was understood that you’re not going into Ukraine. We wouldn’t have had to do anything.

This came as Russia’s invasion of Ukraine continued for the seventh month in a row, with no end in sight. In that time, thousands of civilians and troops were killed, cities destroyed, and millions of people displaced from their homes.

Meanwhile, Trump also warned that following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, Xi Jinping might attack Taiwan due to China’s sour relations with the island nation, where it claims sovereignty. 

Russia invading Ukraine, that would have never happened. Watch what’s going to happen with China and Taiwan, he said. 

Ukraine, over the weekend, said it had liberated more than 30 settlements in the Kharkiv region and accused Vladimir Putin-led Russia of resorting to a coward response as it attacked water facilities and a thermal power station.

Homepage News..

New Zealand hold formal proclamation ceremony for King Charles 111.

Homepage News